Read Cães de Guerra by Frederick Forsyth Free Online
Book Title: Cães de Guerra|
The author of the book: Frederick Forsyth
Edition: Círculo do Livro
The size of the: 2.55 MB
City - Country: No data
Date of issue: 1974
ISBN: No data
ISBN 13: No data
Format files: PDF
Loaded: 1457 times
Reader ratings: 4.3
Read full description of the books:
I spent fourteen years in the U.S. Army (1986-2000). Approximately seven years in the Army National Guard and Army Reserve and seven years in the Regular Army. I was eighteen when I enlisted in 1986 and I was all about the "action". I had obviously watched too many Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone movies. By the time I separated from the Army in 2000 I had come to realize a few crucial things about the military and combat operations.
1. Beans and bullets (logistics) are everything. The side that excels in running an effective logistical network might not "win" the conflict, but it will probably at least ensure that when it's time to pull out the troops they'll do it on their own terms. See Iraq (2003-2011).
2. For every soldier whose mission is to engage in active combat operations against an opponent there are five or more soldiers and civilians whose job is to get that soldier (marine, airmen, sailor etc.)into the combat zone and keep that soldier supplied and cared for.
3. Wars are expensive.In more ways than one.
4. Combat operations consume vast amounts of resources. Money, lives, food, fuel, raw materials and so on. (See #3).
5. The devil is in the details. Effective organization and planning is very very important. Without it you don't have a chance.
6. A soldier's life is not a glamorous one.
Mr. Forsyth does an excellent job of showing what goes into organizing a professional and effective military force and combat operation.It's a tedious and time consuming job. He shows that a one hour combat operation involving a few dozen soldiers entails several thousand hours of planning and training. The details that many have found to be tedious are part of war. How much the details of the International Arms Trade has changed over the past forty years I can't say. Obviously technology has changed. However one thing that hasn't changed is the side that has the best chance of winning is the side that is the best equipped, organized and led. The Dogs of War isn't a Tom Clancy novel. It's a non-sentimental look at a military operation. Albeit a mercenary operation.
It might be a little dry, but then so is real life.
Download Cães de Guerra ERUB
Download Cães de Guerra DOC
Download Cães de Guerra TXT
Read information about the authorFrederick Forsyth, CBE is an English author and occasional political commentator. He is best known for thrillers such as The Day of the Jackal, The Odessa File, The Fourth Protocol, The Dogs of War, The Devil's Alternative, The Fist of God, Icon, The Veteran, Avenger, The Afghan, and recently The Cobra and The Kill List.
The son of a furrier, he was born in Ashford, Kent, educated at Tonbridge School and later attended the University of Granada. He became one of the youngest pilots in the Royal Air Force at 19, where he served on National Service from 1956 to 1958. Becoming a journalist, he joined Reuters in 1961 and later the BBC in 1965, where he served as an assistant diplomatic correspondent. From July to September 1967, he served as a correspondent covering the Nigerian Civil War between the region of Biafra and Nigeria. He left the BBC in 1968 after controversy arose over his alleged bias towards the Biafran cause and accusations that he falsified segments of his reports. Returning to Biafra as a freelance reporter, Forsyth wrote his first book, The Biafra Story in 1969.
Forsyth decided to write a novel using similar research techniques to those used in journalism. His first full length novel, The Day of the Jackal, was published in 1971 and became an international bestseller and gained its author the Edgar Allan Poe Award for Best Novel. It was later made into a film of the same name.
Reviews of the Cães de Guerra
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Cães de Guerra by Frederick Forsyth Online free